Another Suspect in Nord Stream Blast Case Detained in Croatia — German Prosecutor’s Office
Gas leak location on Nord Stream 2 
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — German Federal Prosecutor’s Office said on Wednesday it detained another suspect in connection with Nord Stream pipeline blast case. «This morning (August 19, 2026), the German Federal Prosecutor’s Office, acting on the basis of a European arrest warrant issued by the investigating judge of the Federal Supreme Court on June 3, 2024, initiated the arrest of Ukrainian citizen Vladimir Z. in Pula, Croatia, by forces of the local police department, coordinated by the Zagreb General Police Headquarters,» the Prosecutor General’s Office said in a press release.The gas pipelines were bombed in September 2022. Germany, Denmark and Sweden did not rule out sabotage. The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office opened an investigation into what it termed as an act of international terrorism. Russia requested data on other countries’ probes into the explosions but never received it, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh previously alleged that US Navy divers planted explosives under the pipelines during NATO’s BALTOPS exercises with Norwegian assistance. Washington has denied any involvement.
Nord Stream SabotageTerrorist Attacks on Nord Stream Pipelines26 September 2025, 13:16 GMT




